If you are looking to improve your overall health and wellbeing using a natural and holistic approach then our North Finchley Naturopath might be the right approach for you.
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a system of health care which offers a holistic approach to the body’s own healing mechanisms. It aims to treat the whole person and not just the symptoms. The body repairs itself given the right environment and opportunity.
Naturopathy involves treatment modalities such as;
- Nutrition– This includes individualised dietary plan and nutritional supplements to support the medical condition and assist in bringing optimum health.
- Herbal Medicine– The use of plants and plant extracts for healing
- Yoga– Yogic postures, breathing techniques, Meditation and Relaxation techniques to optimise internal body functioning, enhance circulation, improve digestive fire, joint flexibility.
- Acupressure– Stimulating specific points around the body to channelize the flow of energy.
- Homeopathy– Homeopathic remedies are very small doses of natural substances that stimulate the body’s natural healing response
- Hydrotherapy– Use of water in different temperatures can bring relaxation and immediate symptom relief from the thermodynamic properties of water.
- Detoxification– Specific methods to eliminate toxins from the body tailored to the individual requirement and medical condition.
How Does A Typical Naturopathy Session Work?
Your Naturopathic Doctor will initially spend 1 – 1.5 hours taking details of your health history, stress levels, lifestyle & dietary habits, medical conditions and presenting symptoms.
This allows your practitioner to build up a complete picture of your current and past health issues and gives them an idea of the best way to approach you and your health.
During your appointments your Doctor will then give you relevant suggestions to eliminate the root cause and bring balance in your body, mind and spirit.
Who Can Benefit From Naturopathy?
Anyone and everyone of all age groups can benefit from Naturopathy as it is a way of living. It involves education and guidance for prevention of illness. Minor and acute health issues to chronic (long standing) health problems can be helped with Naturopathy and its treatments.
In today’s busy life people ignore to take care of their health. We can help you achieve your optimum health by educating and guiding you to make important changes to your nutrition, lifestyle and exercise.
What Can Naturopathy help with?
Since Naturopathy works on building and strengthening the body’s natural defense systems and detoxification systems it puts the body in a position to repair itself from many challenges.
This means that many symptoms can improve regardless of the diagnosis. Common conditions that a Naturopath may be able to assist with are as below. If your condition is not listed below, please call us to clarify
- Constitutional – Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue syndrome, Weight Management,
Autoimmune Disease, Fibromyalgia
- Psychiatric– Anxiety, depression, stress
- Ear/Nose/Throat- Sinusitis, Ear infections, Allergies, Sore Throat, Hay fever,
- Cardiovascular– High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol
- Respiratory– Asthma, Bronchitis, Allergies, Sinusitis, Common cold and Flu
- Gastrointestinal– Diarrhoea, Constipation, Gas and Bloating, Abdominal Pain, Ulcers, Heart burn, Reflux, Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS), Haemorrhoids, Yeast overgrowth, Stomach infections, Crohn’s Disease, weight loss and weight gain
- Musculoskeletal– Arthritis, Osteoporosis, Osteopenia, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle spasms, Tendinitis, Gout
- Skin– Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, dry skin
- Neurological– Headaches, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, Dementia, Tremors
- Women’s Health– Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS), Irregular Menses, Menopause, Bladder Infection, Interstitial Cystitis, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
What Should You Do Now?
If you have any chronic health issues that you’d like to work on or you would simply like to live a healthier life, then Naturopathy could be the therapy for you.
If you’d like to find out more, or you’re unsure if naturopathy is right for you then message us using the form below to book in a free consultation where we can guide you appropriately.